What is balance testing?
Balance testing is used to evaluate a person’s vestibular function, hearing, and vision when a balance disorder is suspected. Barrow Neurological Institute offers a full range of diagnostic tests for balance disorders.
Diagnostic balance tests include:
- Computerized dynamic posturography
- Computerized electronystagmography/infrared video oculography
- Epley maneuver
- Rotary chair vestibular test
- Tilt-table testing
What is Balance Testing used for?
- Vertigo and Dizziness
- Ataxia (uncoordinated muscle movement)
- Chronic imbalance
- Recurrent falling
- Hydrocephalus (cerebrospinal fluid buildup in the brain)
- Postural hypotension (low blood pressure due to change in body position)
- Nystagmus (involuntary eye movement)
Am I a good candidate for Balance Testing?
You may be a good candidate for balance testing if you are having problems with balance, hearing, or vision. The tests may help your doctor determine the cause of your symptoms and formulate an appropriate treatment plan.