Biobank Core Facility
Focus and Mission
The Biobank Core Facility at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Barrow Neurological Institute is a biorepository that provides human tissue and biofluids to researchers worldwide with the goal of facilitating research to better understand the causes of disease and to help develop more effective treatments.
Our services include:
- collecting and banking freshly-frozen tissue and matched blood
- processing blood into components including:
- whole blood
- collecting and processing CSF
Our collection of over 60,000 biospecimens includes tissue and blood from patients with a variety of brain tumors and malformations and multiple different types of cancer such as breast, ovarian, lung, melanoma, colon, pancreatic and liver.
All researchers may request tissue and services from the biobank.
Additional Biobank services include:
- providing fresh tissue specimens for viable cell studies
- providing de-identified clinical data
- processing and storing biospecimens from clinical trials
- preparing and staining slides
- pathological review
The Biobank also has an Agilent TapeStation available for RNA, DNA, or protein concentration and quality analysis.