CyberKnife advanced technology uses image-guided robotics to deliver surgically precise radiation to destroy intracranial and extracranial lesions such as spinal and soft tissue tumors without the need for open surgery. Cyberknife is non-invasive and can treat tumors in many parts of the body. CyberKnife enables access to previously unreachable tumors and is suited for many patients otherwise diagnosed as inoperable.
The CyberKnife expands Barrow’s suite of radiosurgery and radiation therapy technologies and enables Barrow clinicians greater flexibility in customizing the optimal treatment for each patient.
The Barrow Radiosurgery Center was the first facility in the Southwest to provide this revolutionary technology.
CyberKnife features include the following:
- image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- precise locating of tumors
- dynamic tracking of patient movements and breathing
- expanded maneuverability
- fractionated or single-fraction radiation therapy possible
- full-body applications
- robot-mounted linear accelerator
- isocentric or nonisocentric treatments
- accuracy to 1 millimeter
Learn More about Cyberknife in Phoenix, Arizona
Please call 1-800-227-7691 or (602) 406-6281.