Allison Tucker works with staff of the Department of Neurology at Barrow to provide specialized care for stroke patients. Ms. Tucker has a master’s degree in nursing and has specialized in the care of neurosurgical and epilepsy patients for 10 years. As a nurse practitioner, she sees patients in the hospital on a daily basis and assists with patient and family care and education.
Ms. Tucker also serves as the stroke program coordinator for Barrow. In this role, she works with physicians, nurses, and data collectors to optimize stroke patient care at Barrow Neurological Institute and St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center and assists in patient, community, and staff education regarding stroke care and prevention.
- MSN, University of Phoenix, 2012
- ADN, Pima Community College, 2003
- BSHS, University of Arizona, 2000
- American Association of Neuroscience Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau National Honor Society of Nursing
- Nurse of the Year, Care Area One, Phoenix Children’s Hospital, 2007