Amir Azadi, MD, is a medical oncologist specializing in neuro-oncology and an assistant professor in the Department of Neurology at Barrow Neurological Institute. He is board certified in internal medicine and medical oncology by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Azadi’s expertise includes the diagnosis and treatment of brain tumors. He is a member of the American College of Physicians, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer, and the Society of Neuro-Oncology.
Dr. Azadi earned his medical degree from Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences in Tehran, Iran. He completed his residency in internal medicine at Banner – University Medical Center in Phoenix. He also completed a fellowship in hematology and oncology at University of Louisville James Graham Brown Cancer Center in Kentucky and a fellowship in neuro-oncology at Barrow Neurological Institute.
Dr. Azadi’s research interests include precision medicine and immunotherapy in primary and secondary brain tumors.
To request an appointment with Dr. Azadi, please call (602) 406-6262.
- Clinical Fellowship, Barrow Neurological Institute, Neuro-Oncology, 2018-2019
- Clinical Fellowship, University of Louisville, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, 2014-2017
- Residency, Banner – University Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 2012-2014
- Internship, Banner – University Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 2011-2012
- Research Fellowship, University of Southern California, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, 2010-2011
- Research Fellowship, Banner – University Medical Center, 2010
- Externship, Encino Urgent Care, Primary Care, 2009-2010
- Externship, Phoenix Baptist Hospital, Primary Care, 2008
- Research Fellowship, Masih Daneshvari Hospital, Division of Medical Oncology, Tehran, Iran, 2004-2007
- MD, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran, 2004
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Society of Immunotherapy of Cancer
- Society of Neuro-Oncology
- Resident of the Year Award, Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, 2011
- President, Iran Membership of the International Federation of Medical Students’ Association, 2004