Angela Herro, MD, is a neuro-ophthalmologist at Barrow Neurological Institute.
Dr. Herro’s expertise includes the evaluation and treatment of visual problems related to neurological conditions such as optic nerve disorders, pituitary disorders, and neuroinflammatory diseases.
Dr. Herro earned her medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine. She completed her residency in ophthalmology at the University of Texas Health Science Center and a fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology at the University of Miami Bascom Palmer Eye Institute.
Dr. Herro’s research interests include a new surgical device for the application of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) for calcific band keratopathy.
For more information or to request an appointment with Dr. Herro, please call (480) 513-6554.
- Fellowship, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Neuro-ophthalmology, 2013-2014
- Residency, University of Texas Health Science Center, Ophthalmology, 2010-2013
- Preliminary Internship, Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 2009-2010
- MD, Boston University School of Medicine, 2009
- BS, BA, Arizona State University, Barrett Honors College, Mathematics, Chemistry,
summa cum laude, 2004
- Resident of the Year, University of Texas Health Science Center, 2013
- Resident of the Year, University of Texas Health Science Center, 2011
- Gold Humanism in Medicine Honor Society, 2008
- Chemistry Merit Award, 2004
- Panelist, AMS Joint Mathematics Meeting, 2004
- Provost’s Scholarship, 2001
- Herro AM, Schatz NJ, Sternau LL, Guy JR, Dubovy SR, Sklar EM, Lam BL. A 44-Year-Old Man With Bilateral Optic Neuropathy, Optic Nerve Sheath Enhancement, and Cardiac Dysfunction. J Neuroophthalmol. Apr 27 2016.
- Gratton SM, Herro AM, Feuer WJ, Lam BL. Cigarette Smoking and Activities of Daily Living in Ocular Myasthenia Gravis. J Neuroophthalmol. Mar 2016;36(1):37-40.
- Herro AM, Lam BL. Retrograde degeneration of retinal ganglion cells in homonymous hemianopsia. Clin Ophthalmol. 2015;9:1057-1064.
- Shah V, Zlotcavitch L, Herro AM, Dubovy SR, Yehoshua Z, Lam BL. Bilateral papillopathy as a presenting sign of pheochromocytoma associated with von Hippel-Lindau disease. Clin Ophthalmol. 2014;8:623-628.
- Huang LC, Winter TW, Herro AM, Rosa PR, Schiffman JC, Pasol J, Trombly RS, Tawfik M, Lam BL. Ventriculoperitoneal shunt as a treatment of visual loss in idiopathic intracranial hypertension. J Neuroophthalmol. Sep 2014;34(3):223-228.
- Singer MA, Groth SL, Sponsel WE, Herro A, Pollard J, Cohen SR, Cohen JH. Association of OCT angle recess width with IOP response after intravitreal triamcinolone injection. Retina. Feb 2013;33(2):282-286.
- Singer MA, Bell DJ, Woods P, Pollard J, Boord T, Herro A, Porbandarwalla S. Effect of combination therapy with bevacizumab and dexamethasone intravitreal implant in patients with retinal vein occlusion. Retina. Jul 2012;32(7):1289-1294.
- Singer MA, Amir N, Herro A, Porbandarwalla SS, Pollard J. Improving quality of life in patients with end-stage age-related macular degeneration: focus on miniature ocular implants. Clin Ophthalmol. 2012;6:33-39.