Gregory L. Umphrey, MD, is a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician at Barrow Neurological Institute and Barrow Brain and Spine at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix. Dr. Umphrey is board certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Umphrey’s expertise includes spine and neuromuscular problems, sports injuries, upper and lower extremity injuries, and peripheral nerve conditions He is a member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, the Association of Academic Physiatrists, and the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society.
Dr. Umphrey received his medical degree from Howard University College of Medicine in Washington, DC. He completed his internship and residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
For more information or to request and appointment, please call (480) 767-0555.
- Residency, Mayo Clinic, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2005-2008
- Residency, Mayo Clinic, Orthopedic Surgery, 2002-2005
- MD, Howard University College of Medicine, 2002
- BS, University of California – Los Angeles, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, 1996
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Charles H. Epps Jr., M.D. Prize in Orthopedic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Howard University College of Medicine, 2002
- Honorable Mention, Departmental Award for Outstanding Performance in Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Howard University College of Medicine, 2002
- Outstanding Performance Award in Obstetric and Gynecology Junior Clerkship, Howard University College of Medicine, 2002
- Honorable Mention, Departmental Award, Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, Howard University College of Medicine, 2002
- Admissions Office Service Award, Howard University College of Medicine, 2002
- Scholarship Recipient, Evelyn E. Henley and Dr. L. Bruce Smith Memorial Fund, 1999-2001
- Achievement Award Nominee, Howard University Medical Alumni Association, 1999
- National Medical Fellowships Scholar, 1998-1999
- Full Athletic Scholarship, UCLA, Gymnastics, 1990-1996