Education & Training
Education and Training
- Fellowship, Neuropathology, Barrow Neurological Institute, 2007-2009
- Residency, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, 2006-2007
- MD, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 1998
- BS, Biology, University of Alaska, cum laude, 1992
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- National Scholar Award, College of American Pathology, 2008
- Second place, Oral Research Presentation, Academic Excellence Day, University of Arizona, 2008
- Research presentations selected for Stowell-Orbinson award competition, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, 2006, 2008
- Seawolf Academic Scholoarship, University of Alaska, 1991-1992
- Internship, US Senate, Washington D.C., Senator Ted Stevens, 1991
- National Science Foundation Research Internship, 1990
- Sanai N, Eschbacher J, Hattendorf G, Coons SW, Preul MC, Smith KA, Nakaji P, Spetzler RF. Intraoperative Confocal Microscopy for Brain Tumors: A Feasibility Analysis in Humans. Neurosurgery. Feb 16 2011.
- Hu LS, Baxter LC, Pinnaduwage DS, Paine TL, Karis JP, Feuerstein BG, Schmainda KM, Dueck AC, Debbins J, Smith KA, Nakaji P, Eschbacher JM, Coons SW, Heiserman JE. Optimized preload leakage-correction methods to improve the diagnostic accuracy of dynamic susceptibility-weighted contrast-enhanced perfusion MR imaging in posttreatment gliomas.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. Jan 2010;31(1):40-48.
- Welsh JW, Ellsworth RK, Kumar R, Fjerstad K, Martinez J, Nagel RB, Eschbacher J, Stea B. Rad51 protein expression and survival in patients with glioblastoma multiforme. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. Jul 15 2009;74(4):1251-1255.
- Kislin KL, McDonough WS, Eschbacher JM, Armstrong BA, Berens ME. NHERF-1: modulator of glioblastoma cell migration and invasion. Neoplasia. Apr 2009;11(4):377-387.
- Hu LS, Baxter LC, Smith KA, Feuerstein BG, Karis JP, Eschbacher JM, Coons SW, Nakaji P, Yeh RF, Debbins J, Heiserman JE. Relative cerebral blood volume values to differentiate high-grade glioma recurrence from posttreatment radiation effect: direct correlation between image-guided tissue histopathology and localized dynamic susceptibility-weighted contrast-enhanced perfusion MR imaging measurements. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. Mar 2009;30(3):552-558.
- Gonzalez LF, Lekovic GP, Eschbacher J, Coons S, Spetzler RF. A true malignant schwannoma of the eighth cranial nerve: case report. Neurosurgery. Aug 2007;61(2):E421-422; discussion E422.