Dr. Jonathan Icely is a dentist at the Barrow Cleft and Craniofacial Center. He is a Tucson native and obtained his bachelor’s degree from the University of Arizona. He earned both a master’s level certificate in public health and a doctorate degree in dental medicine from A.T. Still University in Mesa, Arizona, where he was in the Orthodontic Honors Program.
As a fellow in the University of Arizona’s Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities Program, Dr. Icely advocates for special needs children in hopes of improving their treatment. He has completed several general dentistry externships in Arizona, as well as a craniofacial orthodontic externship at the Barrow Cleft and Craniofacial Center. He also works as a general dentist at Oro Valley Dental Arts and Catalina Foothills Family Dentistry in the Tucson area.
Dr. Icely has very personal experiences with cleft lip and palate. He is the third generation in his family to have a cleft and is the father of two children with a cleft. Dr. Icely co-founded the Arizona Cleft Families support group in 2013 and has served as a clinic mentor for Tucson Children’s Rehabilitative Services.
His other interests include mountain biking, big wall rock climbing, playing guitar, and fine woodworking. He is active in community service, and has served as a charter organization representative and climbing guide for Boy Scouts of America.
To request an appointment at the Barrow Cleft and Craniofacial Center, please call (602) 406-3560.
- Fellowship, University of Arizona College of Pediatric Medicine, Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities, 2016-Present
- DMD, A.T. Still University, 2016
- Externship, Barrow Cleft and Craniofacial Center, Craniofacial Orthodontics, 2015
- Externships, El Rio Community Health Center-Pediatric, St. Vincent de Paul-Pediatric, Pasqua Yaqui Native American Dental Clinic-General Dentistry, Community Education Outreach Clinic-General Dentistry, 2014-2016
- Master’s Level Certificate, College of Graduate Health Studies, A.T. Still University, Public Health, 2014
- BA, University of Arizona, Communication, 2010
- Special Needs Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Political Action Committee
- Arizona Dental Association
- Award of Recognition, Special Care Dental Association, 2016
- Orthodontic Honors Program, A.T. Still University, 2014-2016
- Eagle Scout Award, Boy Scouts of America, 2000