Kari Lien is a speech-language pathologist in the Cleft and Craniofacial Center at Barrow Neurological Institute. She has a certificate of clinical competence in speech-language pathology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Ms. Lien’s expertise includes the evaluation and treatment of speech and language disorders in individuals with cleft and craniofacial conditions. She is a member of the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association and the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Ms. Lien earned her PhD in speech and hearing science from Arizona State University and her master’s degree in speech-language pathology from the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls. She completed her clinical fellowship in speech-language pathology at the Arizona State University Speech and Hearing Clinic and the Barrow Cleft and Craniofacial Center.
Ms. Lien’s research interests include speech and language outcomes in children with cleft and craniofacial conditions, particularly those who receive early intervention speech-language therapy services.
For more information or to request an appointment with Ms. Lien, please call (602) 406-3560.
- PhD, Arizona State University, Speech and Hearing Science, 2020
- Fellowship, Barrow Neurological Institute, Cleft and Craniofacial Center, Speech-Language Pathology, 2016-2018
- Fellowship, Arizona State University, Speech and Hearing Clinic, 2016-2018
- MA, University of Northern Iowa, Speech-Language Pathology, 2015
- BA, University of Northern Iowa, Speech-Language Pathology, 2013
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Speech and Hearing Science PhD Student Research Award, Arizona State University, Speech and Hearing Science Department, 2018
- Student Research Travel Award, American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2017
- Communicative Disorders Scholarship, Service to Mankind (Sertoma), 2016
- Meritorious Poster Submission, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2015
- Scholarship Award, Iowa Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2014
- Merchant Scholarship, University of Northern Iowa, 2013
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship for Study Abroad, 2012
- Dean’s Scholar; University of Northern Iowa; College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences; 2009-2013