Mark Whitaker, MD, is an otolaryngologist specializing in neuro-otology at Barrow Neurological Institute. He is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology, with an additional certification in the subspecialty of neuro-otology.
Dr. Whitaker specializes in the treatment of acoustic neuromas and skull base tumors, hearing and balance disorders, and radiosurgery with Gamma Knife or Cyberknife for skull base tumors. He is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, a fellow in the American Neurotology Society, and a member of the Christian Medical and Dental Associations.
Dr. Whitaker received his medical degree from The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine and completed his residency in otolaryngology at Geisinger Medical Center. Following residency, he completed a fellowship subspecializing in otology and neuro-otology at The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
For more information or to request an appointment with Dr. Whitaker, please call (602) 264-4834.
- Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh, Otology/Neuro-Otology, 2001-2003
- Residency, Geisinger Medical Center, Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 1996-2001
- MD, Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, 1996
- BS, Grove City College, Molecular Biology, 1990
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Fellow, American Neurotology Society
- Christian Medical and Dental Associations
- Victor Laughlin Academic Scholarship, Hahnemann University, College of Medicine, 1992-1993
- Measy Foundation Academic Scholarship, Hahnemann University, College of Medicine, 1993-1994
- Simons JP, Whitaker ME, Hirsch BE. Cochlear implantation in a patient with bilateral temporal bone fractures. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2005;132(5):809-811.
- Kennedy TL, Whitaker M, Pellitteri P, Wood WE. Cystic hygroma/lymphangioma: a rational approach to management. Laryngoscope. 2001;111(11 Pt 1):1929-1937.
- Branstetter BF, Weissman JL, Kennedy TL, Whitaker M. The CT appearance of thyroglossal duct carcinoma. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2000;21(8):1547-1550.
- Kennedy TL, Whitaker M, Wadih G. Thyroglossal duct carcinoma: a rational approach to management. Laryngoscope. 1998;108(8 Pt 1):1154-1158.