Dr. Meredith Workman is a pediatric plastic surgeon with expertise in a number of procedures that can give children a life free from worries about their appearance or function.
She received her medical degree from the Northeast Ohio Medical University and completed her general and plastic surgery residency at the Oklahoma University Health Science Center in Oklahoma City. She went on to finish a pediatric plastic and reconstructive surgery fellowship at Nationwide Children’s Hospital and The Ohio State University in Columbus.
Dr. Workman is a member of Alpha Omega Alpha and has received the Douglas M. Evans, MD Award for Outstanding Clinical Work in Surgery.
To request an appointment at the Barrow Cleft and Craniofacial Center, please call (602) 406-3560.
- Fellowship, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, 2011-2012
- Residency, Oklahoma University Health Science Center, General Surgery and Plastic Surgery, 2006-2011
- MD, Northeast Ohio Medical University, 2006
- BS, Youngstown State University, Combined Sciences, cum laude, 2002
- Pediatric Surgical Services Peer Review Committee, Cardon Children’s Medical Center
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Plastic Surgery Chapter
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Cleft Palate Association
- American Medical Association
- International Travel Grant for Fellows, 2011-2012
- Douglas M. Evans, MD Award for Outstanding Clinical Work in Surgery, 2006
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 2005
- Workman M, Sawan K, El Amm C. Resolution and Recurrence of Vitiligo Following Excision of Congenital Melanocytic Nevus.Pediatr Dermatol. Sep 18 2012.
- Knotts C, Workman M, Sawan K, El Amm C. A novel technique for attaining maxillomandibular fixation in the edentulous mandible fracture. Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr. Mar 2012;5(1):7-10.
- Beainy F, El Amm C, Abousleimane Y, Mapstone T, Beidas O, Workman M. Biomechanical effects of cranioplasty for defects using autogenous calvarial bone. J Craniofac Surg. Mar 2012;23(2):e152-155.
- Workman M, Deschamps-Braly J, Morgan A, Sawan K. Bidirectional barbed suture migration: a unique complication after intracuticular closure. Aesthetic Plast Surg. Aug 2011;35(4):672-673.
- El Amm CA, Sung JS, Sawan KT, Atiyeh BS, Workman MC. Immediate nipple reconstruction using the everted umbilicus. Plast Reconstr Surg. Aug 2011;128(2):91e-92e.
- Muakkassa FF, Marley RA, Workman MC, Salvator AE. Hospital outcomes and disposition of trauma patients who are intubated because of combativeness. J Trauma. Jun 2010;68(6):1305-1309.
- Pryor LS, Lehman JA, Jr., Workman MC. Disorders of the female breast in the pediatric age group. Plast Reconstr Surg. Jul 2009;124(1 Suppl):50e-60e.
- Muakkassa FF, Marley RA, Dolinak J, Salvator AE, Workman MC. The relationship between psychiatric medication and course of hospital stay among intoxicated trauma patients. Eur J Emerg Med. Feb 2008;15(1):19-25.