Meredith Wicklund, MD, is a neurologist in the Alzheimer’s and Memory Disorders Program and an assistant professor of neurology at Barrow Neurological Institute. She is board certified in neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and in behavioral neurology and neuropsychiatry by the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties.
Dr. Wicklund’s expertise includes evaluating and treating dementias and neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Lewy body dementia, frontotemporal dementia, primary progressive aphasia, and corticobasal syndrome. She is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and the Alzheimer’s Association International Society to Advance Alzheimer’s Research and Treatment.
Dr. Wicklund earned her medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford. She completed her neurology residency and a fellowship in behavioral neurology at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
Dr. Wicklund’s research interests include understanding the clinical, neuropsychological, and imaging features of dementias and neurodegenerative diseases. She also studies investigational drugs and other therapeutics for these diseases.
For more information or to request an appointment with Dr. Wicklund, please call (602) 406-6262.
- Fellowship, Mayo Clinic, School of Graduate Medical Education, Behavioral Neurology, 2012-2013
- Residency, Mayo Clinic, School of Graduate Medical Education, Adult Neurology, 2009-2012
- Internship, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Carle Illinois College of Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2008-2009
- MD, University of Illinois, College of Medicine at Rockford, 2008
- BS, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Microbiology, 2004
- American Academy of Neurology
- Alzheimer’s Association International Society to Advance Alzheimer’s Research and Treatment
- Neurology Clinical Inpatient Excellence Award, University of Florida, 2017
- College of Medicine Exemplary Teacher Award, University of Florida, 2014-2015, 2015-2016
- Neurology Residency Clinical Teacher of the Year, University of Florida, 2014, 2015
- Neurology Residency Didactic Teacher of the Year, University of Florida, 2014
- Neurology Resident Scholar Program, 2010
- Graduation with Honors, University of Illinois, College of Medicine, 2008
- Otto Saphir Memorial Scholarship for Excellence in Pathology, University of Illinois, College of Medicine, 2007
- McGraw Medical Student Book Award, University of Illinois, College of Medicine, 2006