Michael Stein, MD, is a neurologist with the Epilepsy Program at Barrow Neurological Institute. He is board certified in neurology with a subspecialty in epilepsy by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Dr. Stein’s expertise includes epilepsy and clinical neurophysiology. He is a member of the American Academy of Neurology, the American Epilepsy Society, the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society, and the American Clinical Magnetoencephalography Society.
Dr. Stein received his master’s degree in learning disabilities — communication sciences and disorders from Northwestern University and his medical degree from University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago. He completed his neurology residency at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, where he also completed fellowships in clinical neurophysiology and epilepsy.
Dr. Stein’s research interests include clinical magnetoencephalography (MEG), multimodality neuroimaging and co-registration, and the use of quantitative electroencephalography (EEG) in the neurological intensive care setting.
To request an appointment with Dr. Stein, please call (602) 406-6262.
Fax: (602) 406-6261
- Fellowship, Rush University Medical Center, Epilepsy, 2006-2007
- Fellowship, Rush University Medical Center, Clinical Neurophysiology, 2005-2006
- Residency, Rush University Medical Center, Neurology, 2002-2005
- Internship, Evanston Northwestern Hospital, Internal Medicine, 2001-2002
- MD, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, 2001
- MA, Northwestern University, Learning Disabilities – Communication Sciences and Disorders, 1996
- BS, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Electrical Engineering, 1987
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
- American Epilepsy Society (AES)
- American Clinical Neurophysiology Society (ACNS)
- Dean’s List
- Engineering Honors Society
- Member, Eta Kappa Nu
- Rossi MA, Stebbins G, Murphy C, Greene D, Brinker S, Sarcu D, Tenharmsel A, Stoub T, Stein MA, Hoeppner TJ, Byrne RW, Moseley ME, Bammer RA, Bild S, Dennis J, Arnett N, Balabanov A, Bergen D, Kanner AM, Smith MC. Predicting white matter targets for direct neurostimulation therapy. Epilepsy Res. 2010;91(2-3):176-186.
- Stein MA, Kanner AM. Management of newly diagnosed epilepsy: a practical guide to monotherapy. Drugs. 2009;69(2):199-222.