Sana Aslam, DO, is a neurologist in the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center at Barrow Neurological Institute. She is board certified in neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Dr. Aslam’s expertise includes the diagnosis and treatment of Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders. She is a member of the American Academy of Neurology, the Functional Neurosurgery Working Group, and The Movement Disorders Society.
Dr. Aslam earned her medical degree from the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Bradenton, Florida. She completed her residency in adult neurology and a fellowship in deep brain stimulation (DBS) and movement disorders at Barrow Neurological Institute. She was also selected as fellow of the Network for Excellence in Neuroscience Clinical Trials (NeuroNEXT).
Dr. Aslam’s research interests include further exploring the role of deep brain stimulation in the management of patients with movement disorders. She is involved in clinical trials for Parkinson’s disease, atypical Parkinsonisms, and Huntingon’s disease.
- Fellowship, Barrow Neurological Institute, DBS & Movement Disorders, 2018-2020
- Residency, Barrow Neurological Institute, Adult Neurology, 2015-2018
- Internship, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 2014-2015
- DO, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2014
- BA, Wellesley College, Neuroscience, 2010
- American Academy of Neurology
- Functional Neurosurgery Working Group
- The Movement Disorders Society
- Fellow, Network for Excellence in Neuroscience Clinical Trials (NeuroNEXT), 2020-2021
- Travel Grant, International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders Travel Grant, 2019
- Pan American Section (PAS) Congress Fellowship Scholarship, International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society, 2018
- Safety and Quality Award, American Academy of Neurology, 2018
- Annual Patient Safety, Quality, and Wellness Award, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, 2018
- Act of Humankindness Award, Dignity Health, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, 2017
- Nominee, Neurology Residents Scholar Program, Barrow Neurological Institute, 2016
- Humankindness Dignity Diamond Award, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, 2015
- Susan Todd Horton Internship Fund, Wellesley College, 2009
- Community Service Travel Grant, Wellesley College, Center for Work and Service, 2008
- Sophomore Early Research Program, Wellesley College, 2007