Suraj Muley, MD, received his medical degree from the Seth G. S. Medical College at Bombay University and the KEM Hospital in Mumbai, India in 1992. He then pursued a research fellowship in pharmacology at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis from 1991 to 1993.
Thereafter, Dr. Muley completed his residency training in neurology and fellowship training in clinical neurophysiology and neuromuscular disorders at the University of Minnesota until 1999. He worked at the Minneapolis VA Medical Center as director of the neuromuscular program for over a decade before joining the University of California – Davis, as assistant professor of clinical neurology briefly, and returned to the University of Minnesota as associate professor of neurology from 2007 through 2009, during which he was director of the myasthenia gravis program. In 2009, he joined Barrow Neurological Institute at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix as director of the neuromuscular program.
Dr. Muley holds a faculty position as professor of neurology at The University of Arizona School of Medicine in Phoenix. His current research focus is in the field of neuromuscular disorders, particularly inflammatory neuropathies. His clinical interests include various aspects of neuroimmunology affecting both the peripheral and central nervous system. In addition to the neuromuscular program, he participates in the multiple sclerosis program at Barrow. He has served as a consultant to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the investigation of inflammatory neuropathy outbreaks in Minnesota and Arizona.
He is an active member of the American Academy of Neurology, Peripheral Nerve Society, and is a fellow and council member of the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society.
For more information or to request an appointment, please call (602) 406-6262.
Fax: (602) 406-6261
- Fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology and Neuromuscular Disorders, University of Minnesota, 1997-1999
- Residency, University of Minnesota, Neurology, 1994-1997
- Internship, University of North Dakota, Internal Medicine, 1993-1994
- Research Fellow and Graduate Student, University of Minnesota, Pharmacology, 1991-1993
- Medical Student, Bombay University, Bombay, India, 1985-1991
- Director, Continuing Medical Education Committee, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, Neurology
- Diplomat of the ABPN, Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology, and Neuromuscular Medicine
- Active Member, American Academy of Neurology
- Active Member, Peripheral Nerve Society
- Fellow Member, American Clinical Neurophysiology Society
- Fellowship of the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society, 2011
- Neurology Scholarship. American Academy of Neurology, 1997
- Benjamin Shapiro Memorial Fellowship, 1995-1997
- Muley SA, Parry GJ. Multifocal motor neuropathy. J Clin Neurosci. Sep 2012;19(9):1201-1209.
- Muley SA, Parry GJ. Antibiotic responsive demyelinating neuropathy related to Lyme disease. Neurology. May 19 2009;72(20):1786-1787.
- Muley SA, Parry GJ. Inflammatory demyelinating neuropathies. Curr Treat Options Neurol. May 2009;11(3):221-227.
- Muley SA, Kelkar P, Parry GJ. Treatment of chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy with pulsed oral steroids. Arch Neurol. Nov 2008;65(11):1460-1464.
- Kelkar P, Chang S, Muley SA. Response to oral supplementation in copper deficiency myeloneuropathy. J Clin Neuromuscul Dis. Sep 2008;10(1):1-3.
- Bhanushali MJ, Muley SA. Diabetic and non-diabetic lumbosacral radiculoplexus neuropathy. Neurol India. Oct-Dec 2008;56(4):420-425.
- Ashok Muley S, Brown K, Parry GJ. Paraneoplastic vasculitic neuropathy related to carcinoid tumor. J Neurol. Jul 2008;255(7):1085-1087.
- Ashok Muley S, Day JW. Autoimmune rippling muscle. Neurology. Sep 23 2003;61(6):869-870.
- Muley SA, Midani HA, Rank JM, Carithers R, Parry GJ. Neuropathy in erythropoietic protoporphyrias. Neurology. Jul 1998;51(1):262-265.