Timothy Sanford, MD, is a neurophysiatrist and back pain specialist at Barrow Neurological Institute. He is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Sanford’s expertise includes the nonsurgical management of spine problems, particularly those associated with arthritis and sports-related injuries. He is a member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, the North American Spine Society, and the Spine Intervention Society.
Dr. Sanford earned his medical degree from Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond. He completed his physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and an interventional spine and sports fellowship at Ahwatukee Sports and Spine.
Dr. Sanford’s research interests include diagnostic procedures and biomechanics.
For more information or to request an appointment with Dr. Sanford, please call (480) 917-5600.
- Fellowship, Ahwatukee Sports and Spine, Interventional Spine and Sports, 2015-2016
- Residency, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2011-2015
- MD, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2011
- BS, University of Utah, Exercise and Sports Science, 2007
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- North American Spine Society, Coverage Committee
- Spine Intervention Society
- Golseth Young Investigator Award, American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine Foundation for Research & Education, 2015