Wes Crisp, DO, is a neurophysiatrist and back pain specialist at Barrow Neurological Institute. He is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, as well as sports medicine, by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Crisp’s expertise includes interventional spine procedures for the management of back pain, particularly after sports-related injuries. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Crisp earned his master’s degree in exercise science from the University of West Florida in Pensacola and his medical degree from the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in Missouri. He completed his physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He also completed fellowship training in interventional techniques for spine and other musculoskeletal pain at Ahwatukee Sports and Spine and at Georgia Pain Physicians.
For more information or to request an appointment with Dr. Crisp, please call (480) 763-5808.
- Fellowship, Ahwatukee Sports and Spine, Interventional Spine and Musculoskeletal, 2008
- Fellowship, Georgia Pain Physicians, Interventional Pain and Musculoskeletal, 2007
- Residency, Mayo Clinic, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency, 2004-2007
- Internship, Midwestern University, Rotating, 2003-2004
- DO, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2003
- MS, University of West Florida, Exercise Science, 1994
- BA, University of West Florida, Political Science, 1990
- Fellow, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- President, Arizona Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2013-2014
- Intern of the Year, Mesa General Hospital, 2004
- Sigma Sigma Phi Honor Society, National Osteopathic Medical Honor Society, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2003
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award, University of West Florida, 1994