Vladimir Shvarts, MD, is a neurologist with the Epilepsy Program and the Director of the Clinical Neurophysiology and Epilepsy Fellowship at Barrow Neurological Institute at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix. He graduated from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in North Chicago and completed his residency in neurology at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. He did his postgraduate training in clinical neurophysiology and intraoperative monitoring at the University of California – Los Angeles. Subsequently, Dr. Shvarts completed his second fellowship with an emphasis in epilepsy and magnetoencephalography at Henry Ford Hospital. Dr. Shvarts is board certified in neurology with a subspecialty certification in epilepsy & clinical neurophysiology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Dr. Shvarts is a member of the American Academy of Neurology, the American Epilepsy Society, and American Clinical Neurophysiology Society.
His research interests include clinical epilepsy, intraoperative neurophysiology, magnetoencephalography, and global issues in epilepsy and neurological care.
To request an appointment with Dr. Shvarts, call (602) 406-6262.
Fax: (602) 406-6261
- Fellowship, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Clinical Neurophysiology, Epilepsy, and Magnetoencephalography, 2009-2012
- Fellowship, UCLA, Clinical Neurophysiology and Intraoperative Monitoring, 2011-2012
- Residency, Henry Ford Hospital, Neurology, 2007-2010
- Internship, McGaw Northwestern University School of Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2005-2006
- MD, Chicago Medical School, 2005
- BA, Occidental College, Kinesiology, cum laude, 2000
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN)
- Diplomate, ABPN Clinical Neurophysiology
- American Clinical Neurophysiology Society
- American Epilepsy Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Medical Association
- Resident Scholarship, American Academy of Neurology’s (AAN) 2010 Annual Meeting
- Dean’s List, Occidental College