Dr. White’s neurosurgical practice includes stereotactic and microsurgery of brain tumors, spine tumors, and herniated cervical, thoracic, and lumbar disks. His specialty interest is transsphenoidal surgery for pituitary tumors and other skull base lesions.
Dr. White has been practicing neurosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix since 1976. He is board certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery. Dr. White completed his general surgery residency at the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Kansas City and his neurosurgery residency at Barrow Neurological Institute. He holds the academic position of clinical assistant professor of neurosurgery at The University of Arizona College of Medicine in Tucson, Arizona.
Please call (480) 861-1392 to request an appointment with Dr. White.
Fax: (602) 406-6117
- Residency, Barrow Neurological Institute, Neurological Surgery, 1970-1975
- Residency, University of Kansas School of Medicine, General Surgery, 1969-1970
- Internship, Menorah Medical Center, 1968-1969
- MD, University of Kansas School of Medicine, 1968
- BA, University of Kansas, 1963
- American Medical Association
- Arizona Medical Association
- Maricopa Medical Society
- Arizona Neurosurgical Society
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- International Society of Pituitary Surgeons
- Rocky Mountain Neurosurgical Spine Society
- Pituitary Network Association
- North American Spine Society
- Joint Section on Spine Disorders and Peripheral Nerves
- Joint Section on Tumors
- International Council of Motorsport Sciences
- Little AS, White WL. Prophylactic antibiotic trends in transsphenoidal surgery for pituitary lesions. Pituitary. Jun 2011;14(2):99-104.
- Little AS, White WL. Short-duration, single-agent antibiotic prophylaxis for meningitis in trans-sphenoidal surgery. Pituitary. Dec 2011;14(4):335-339.
- Wait SD, Garrett MP, Little AS, Killory BD, White WL. Endocrinopathy, vision, headache, and recurrence after transsphenoidal surgery for Rathke cleft cysts. Neurosurgery. Sep 2010;67(3):837-843; discussion 843.
- Gantwerker BR, Baaj AA, Maughan PH, McDougall CG, White WL. Vertebral artery injury during cervical discectomy and fusion in a patient with bilateral anomalous arteries in the disc space: case report. Neurosurgery. Sep 2010;67(3):E874-875; discussion E875.
- Wait SD, Chang SW, Killory BD, White WL, Spetzler RF. Anterior cerebral artery amputation and salvage repair of internal carotid artery tear: technical case report. Neurosurgery. Oct 2009;65(4):E820-822; discussion E822.
- Killory BD, Kresl JJ, Wait SD, Ponce FA, Porter R, White WL. Hypofractionated CyberKnife radiosurgery for perichiasmatic pituitary adenomas: early results. Neurosurgery. Feb 2009;64(2 Suppl):A19-25.
- Kim LJ, Lekovic GP, White WL, Karis J. Preliminary Experience with 3-Tesla MRI and Cushing’s Disease. Skull Base. Jul 2007;17(4):273-277.
- Kim LJ, Klopfenstein JD, Cheng M, Nagul M, Coons S, Fredenberg C, Brachman DG, White WL. Ectopic intracavernous sinus adrenocorticotropic hormone-secreting microadenoma: could this be a common cause of failed transsphenoidal surgery in Cushing disease? Case report. J Neurosurg. Jun 2003;98(6):1312-1317.
- Detwiler PW, Henn JS, Porter RW, Lawton MT, White WL, Spetzler RF. Medulloblastoma presenting with tentorial “dural-tail” sign: is the “dural-tail” sign specific for meningioma? Skull Base Surg. 1998;8(4):233-236.
- Liu SS, White WL, Johnson PC, Gauntt C. Hemophilic pseudotumor of the spinal canal. Case report. J Neurosurg. Oct 1988;69(4):624-627.