Hemali Kothari, DMD, MPH, DHEd, is an orthodontist in the Cleft and Craniofacial Center at Barrow Neurological Institute. She is board certified by the American Board of Orthodontics.
Dr. Kothari’s expertise includes orthodontic management and presurgical treatment of infants and adolescents with cleft and craniofacial disorders. She is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists.
Dr. Kothari received her doctorates in dental medicine and health education and her master’s in public health from A.T. Still University.
Dr. Kothari’s research interests include presurgical nasolabial molding, accelerating tooth movement during orthodontic treatment, and orthodontic practice management and marketing.
To request an appointment at the Barrow Cleft and Craniofacial Center with, please call (602) 406-3560.
- Certificate, A.T. Still University, Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, 2014
- DHEd, A.T. Still University, College of Graduate Health Studies, 2014
- DMD, A.T. Still University, Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health, 2012
- MPH, A.T. Still University, College of Graduate Health Studies, 2011
- BS, Arizona State University, Biology, 2008
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Arizona Orthodontic Study Group
- Top Score Award Recipient, Excellence for National Board Part II, 2012
- Tami Hunger Award Recipient, Dedication to Community Service, 2012
- Oral Biology Award for Excellence in Research, American Association of Oral Biologists, 2012
- Women’s Wellness Scholarship Recipient, A.T. Still University, 2012
- Robert J. Sullivan Foundation Dentistry Scholarship, Dental Trade Alliance Foundation
- Student Research Winner, ADA/Dentsply Student Clinician Research Program, Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health, 2012
- Sturgill J, Howell S, Perry MM, Kothari H. Protocols for treating patients with end-stage renal disease: a survey of undergraduate dental programs. Spec Care Dentist. 2016;36(6):321-324.