Barrow Second Opinion For Physicians & Researchers
Note regarding Covid-19: We are accepting second opinion requests and new patients. Visit our Covid-19 resource page for more information.
This program is free-of-charge to healthcare providers and enables you to receive quick neurosurgical second opinion reviews of important cases. Within 7-10 days after submitting patient records and imaging to our secure portal, you can expect to receive a report that you can share with your patient regarding the expert opinion provided by our world-renowned neurosurgeons.
As your patient’s trusted source of information, you are then able to deliver the continuity of care and personal experience that your patient values.
If you have an account, please log in to your account here: Barrow Provider-to-Provider Second Opinion Login.
How It Works
In most cases, a second opinion for your patient can be obtained in 6 easy steps:
- Contact Dariela Molinar by email at BarrowSecondOpinion@DignityHealth.org or by phone at (602) 406-3396 to request an account
- Log in to your account and create a new second opinion request
- Answer a few brief questions about your patient’s medical needs
- Upload your patient’s medical records and imaging
- Submit your second opinion request
- Share the second opinion report with your patient and discuss next steps with him or her
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a cost to me or my patient?
No, the Barrow Second Opinion Program for Physicians is provided at no charge to licensed medical doctors as a professional courtesy.
How long does it take?
Your second opinion report will be available electronically within 7-10 business days after the submission is completed.
Do I have to send my patient to Barrow for treatment?
No, there is no expectation that you recommend your patient be seen by a Barrow neurosurgeon as a condition of using this program. While we are happy to accept referrals, our goal in providing this service is to help you and your patient make the best and most informed decision about their care needs.