Edith and Loyal Davis Neurosurgery Laboratory
- Perform testing and development with companies or other institutions producing and developing new medical technology with support of cadaver tissue and animal surgery.
- Direct conferences, smaller courses and teaching sessions, corporate-sponsored functions, or Barrow neurosurgery department events held at national and international meetings.
- Focus and coordinate efforts in neurosurgery research at Barrow Neurological Institute and St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center.
- Plan, supervise, coordinate, and expedite the research efforts of neurosurgery residents, fellows, and visiting scholars while on research rotations.
- Conduct research projects with other departments including neurobiology, neuro-oncology, neurology, neurochemistry, neuroradiology, trauma, cardiology, cardiac surgery and pediatrics.
- Support and collaboration with academic institutions, bioengineering, support for industry (small and large companies).
Mark Preul, MD
Director, Edith and Loyal Davis Neurosurgery Laboratory
Newsome Endowed Chair of Neurosurgery Research
Barrow Neurological Institute