Neuroscience Nursing Symposium
Participants will come eager to collaborate and connect and learn the latest developments in neurosciences. This year marks the 41st Barrow Neuroscience Nursing Symposium title.
Ignite, Innovate, and Integrate. Burnout among nurses is a known problem at many institutions. It is our hope that the sessions at this year’s symposium will ignite or reignite our shared passion for nursing, reminding us of the joys inherent in our chosen profession.
We will offer educational sessions on innovations in nursing and beyond, because we believe that nurses are true innovators who see gaps in practice and come up with creative ways to fill them. Finally, attendees at this year’s symposium will carry the messages back to their institutions to integrate learning into their own nursing practices.
Course Learning Objectives
- Identify the way to use research, evidence-based practice and quality improvement to transform patient care and outcomes
- Explain clinical options for improving neurological outcomes in the treatment of spinal pathology
- Define seizure clusters and goals of high quality care for patients with status epilepticus
- Apply latest updates on evaluation and management of acute stroke care
- Identify decision-making strategies related to maintaining and enforcing existing intellectual property
- Explore the importance of effective communication tips needed between physicians and nurses from the trauma surgeon’s perspective
- Define individualized treatments for migraine management in the ambulatory and acute care space, based on symptoms; when first line options no longer work
- Address current standards of best practice related to the evaluation and treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease and other related dementias (ADRD)
- Identify signs of abuse in patients with traumatic brain injury and address available treatment options and support available
- Define relevant skills to achieve in expanding professional development, not limited to high quality work, honesty and integrity
|Visiting Healthcare Professional (Pre-Symposium Only – 10/23)||$50|
|Visiting Healthcare Professional (Symposium Day 1 Only – 10/24)||$130|
|Visiting Healthcare Professional (Symposium Day 2 Only – 10/25)||$130|
|Visiting Healthcare Professional (Both Days)||$205|
|Barrow/Dignity Health Employee (Pre-Symposium Only – 10/23)||$50|
|Barrow/Dignity Staff & Students (Symposium Day 1 Only – 10/24)||$115|
|Barrow/Dignity Staff & Students (Symposium Day 2 Only – 10/25)||$115|
|Barrow/Dignity Health Employee (Both Days)||$180|
Nursing Credits Available
The hours obtained by attending this CE event can be used toward recertification for CNRN and SCRN.
Date, Time, and Location
Monday & Wednesday, October 23-25, 2023
Barrow Neurological Institute
2910 North 3rd Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85013
Health care professionals specializing in the field of neuroscience, including all levels of nurses and other professionals involved in various outpatient and inpatient clinical settings.
Agenda and Speaker Information
- Agenda and Speaker Information Pending
Conference Planning Committee
No commercial support has been received.
Exhibitors and Sponsors
Those interested in exhibiting or sponsorship should contact CME@BarrowNeuro.org for more information.
No disclosures at this time.