Flow Cytometry Core Facility
Focus and Mission
The Barrow Flow Cytometry facility offers the following services:
- We have a BD FACSAria II cell sorter with violet (405 nm), blue (488 nm), and red (633 nm) lasers.
- 9-color detection plus 2 scatter parameters
- We can sort into 15 mL Falcon tubes, 1.5 mL Eppendorf tubes, well plates (6, 24, 48, 96 and 384), or petri plates. Sorting temperatures can be controlled during sorts.
- Our system is BSL2+, which means we have the proper safety procedures and equipment to sort live, human tissues. (We cannot sort tissues that are known to be or suspected to be infected with certain pathogens. A list of restricted pathogens can be requested at the email address below.)
- We can help with experimental design, reagent selections and data analysis.
Sample Submission Hours
Monday – Friday
8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
(excluding major holidays)
Sample Submission Fees
Our Fee structure is as follows:
- $55 set-up fee for sorts (Set-up fee is NOT applicable for analysis alone.)
- Add $110/hour for sorts and analysis
- Total: $165 for a 1-hour sort