Allison O’Mara, PsyD, is a rehabilitation neuropsychologist in the Center for Transitional Neuro-Rehabilitation at Barrow Neurological Institute.
Dr. O’Mara’s expertise includes neuro-rehabilitation, individual and group psychotherapy, and assessment throughout the trajectory of recovery. She is a member of the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine, the American Psychological Association, and the International Neuropsychological Society.
Dr. O’Mara earned her master and doctorate degrees in clinical psychology from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. She completed her postdoctoral fellowship in rehabilitation and clinical neuropsychology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
As a certified music therapist, Dr. O’Mara is also interested in incorporating creative arts therapies into the neuro-rehabilitative setting for people with an acquired brain injury.
For more information or to request an appointment, please call (602) 406-3473.
- Fellowship, University of Michigan Health System, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Division of Rehabilitation Psychology & Neuropsychology, Rehabilitation and Clinical Neuropsychology, 2016-2018
- PsyD, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Clinical Psychology, 2016
- Internship, Vanderbilt University-Department of Veterans Affairs, 2015-2016
- MA, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Clinical Psychology, 2013
- MT-BC, Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Music Therapy, Indiana University-Purdue University, 2009
- MM, Music Performance, Northern Illinois University, 2005
- BM, Music Performance, DePaul University, 2003
- American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine
- American Psychological Association, Division 40: Society for Clinical Neuropsychology, Division 22: Rehabilitation Psychology
- International Neuropsychological Society
- Member Highlight, Association for Neuropsychology Students in Training, 2017
- Grant Recipient, Dissertation Microgrants Program, Illinois Psychological Association for Graduate Students, 2015
- Study Abroad Essay Scholarship, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, 2014
- Community Partnerships Fellowship, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, 2013
- Edward A. Bouchet Graduate Honor Society, Yale University, 2013
- Top Three Poster Award Winner, Association of Chicagoland Externship and Practicum Training, Annual Conference, 2013
- Conference Scholarship, Advancing Futures for Adults with Autism, 2009