Jessica Matthes, PhD, ABPP, is a faculty neuropsychologist in the Center for Transitional Neuro-Rehabilitation at Barrow Neurological Institute. She is board certified in clinical neuropsychology by the American Board of Professional Neuropsychology and is a fellow of the American College of Professional Neuropsychology.
Dr. Matthes’ expertise includes neuropsychological assessment and neuro-rehabilitation services for patients adjusting to traumatic brain injury, stroke, brain tumor, and other neurological conditions. She is a member of the National Academy of Neuropsychology and the American Psychological Association.
Dr. Matthes received her doctorate in clinical psychology, with a specialization in neuropsychology, from Drexel University in Philadelphia. She completed her internship at the Southern Arizona VA Medical Center in Tucson and completed her postdoctoral residency in neuropsychology at Barrow Neurological Institute.
For more information or to request an appointment, please call (602) 406-3473.
- Residency, Barrow Neurological Institute, Neuropsychology, 2004-2006
- Internship, Southern Arizona VA Healthcare System, 2003-2004
- PhD, Drexel University, Clinical Psychology, Neuropsychology Concentration, 2004
- MA, University of North Carolina – Wilmington, Psychology, 1998
- BA, University of North Carolina – Wilmington, Psychology, 1995
- BS, University of North Carolina – Wilmington, Marine Biology, 1995
- American Psychological Association
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Psi Chi – National Honor Society in Psychology
- Deans List, University of North Carolina at Wilmington