Kaith Almefty, MD, received his bachelor’s degree from Baylor University in Waco, Texas, and his MD from the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock. He graduated with honors from both universities. Dr. Almefty received several awards in medical school for his academic achievements and his character.
Dr. Almefty became a resident at Barrow Neurological Institute at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix. He also completed a fellowship in skull base surgery at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Almefty specializes in tumors of the cranial base, including meningiomas and acoustic neuromas.
Dr. Almefty is a member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, and the North American Skull Base Society.
Please call (480) 917-5600 to request an appointment with Dr. Almefty.
- Residency, Barrow Neurological Institute, Neurosurgery, 2009-2016
- Fellowship, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Skull Base Surgery, 2014-2015
- MD, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 2009
- BBA, Baylor University, Economics, 2004
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Buchanan Key Award, 2009
- Barton Scholarship, 2008
- Dr. W. Mage and J. Honeycutt Scholarship, 2008
- White Coat Award, 2008
- Parents Club Scholarship, 2008
- Barton Scholarship, 2007
- Buchanan Key Award, 2007
- Barton Scholarship, 2006
- Ryan JR, Almefty KK, Nakaji P, Frakes DH. Cerebral Aneurysm Clipping Surgery Simulation Using Patient-Specific 3D Printing and Silicone Casting. World Neurosurg. Apr 2016;88:175-181.
- Bohl MA, Almefty KK, Nakaji P. Defining a Standardized Approach for the Bedside Insertion of Temporal Horn External Ventricular Drains: Procedure Development and Case Series. Neurosurgery. Aug 2016;79(2):296-304.
- Awad AW, Almefty KK, Ducruet AF, Turner JD, Theodore N, McDougall CG, Albuquerque FC. The efficacy and risks of preoperative embolization of spinal tumors. J Neurointerv Surg. Aug 2016;8(8):859-864.
- Almefty KK, Spetzler RF. Importance of Continued Support for Microsurgical Anatomical Studies. World Neurosurg. Feb 2016;86:46-47.
- Almefty KK, Porter R. Rethinking Traumatic Brain Injury. World Neurosurg. May 2016;89:718-719.
- Elhadi AM, Zehri AH, Zaidi HA, Almefty KK, Preul MC, Theodore N, Dickman CA. Surgical efficacy of minimally invasive thoracic discectomy. J Clin Neurosci. Nov 2015;22(11):1708-1713.
- Almefty KK, Spetzler RF. Management of brainstem cavernous malformations. World Neurosurg. Mar 2015;83(3):317-319.
- Almefty KK, Turner JD, Theodore N. From narcotics to antibiotics: evolving concepts in the treatment of lower back pain. World Neurosurg. Nov 2013;80(5):442-443.
- Almefty KK, Ducruet AF, Crowley RW, Bristol R, Lavine SD, Albuquerque FC. Spinal arteriovenous malformation associated with Schimmelpenning syndrome. J Neurosurg Pediatr. May 2013;11(5):600-604.
- Almefty KK, Pravdenkova S, Sawyer J, Al-Mefty O. Impact of cytogenetic abnormalities on the management of skull base chordomas. J Neurosurg. Apr 2009;110(4):715-724.