The Biostatistics Core at Barrow Neurological Institute provides biostatistics expertise along the entire research study timeline. Our mission is to enhance biostatistics capabilities at Barrow in collaboration with the research centers and institutes at St. Joseph’s Hospital Medical Center and community.
We offer strong expertise in research design and methods, methods of data collection and data management to suit a wide array of project types, implementation of statistical methodology and data analysis, training in research methods, and the dissemination of study results. We also perform interdisciplinary research with scientists at Barrow and St. Joseph’s. The Biostatistics Core is led by Wonsuk Yoo, PhD.
Submit Your Project
- Use the form below to tell us about your request
- Your request will be entered into our database for tracking purposes
- Once the request is received, we will contact you by email within 3-5 business days
- We will review your request and set up a consultation with our team if needed
Grant Proposal Support
We offer the following grant proposal support services:
- Development study design and statistical planning
- Power analysis and sample size calculations
- Writing of the data analysis plan
Protocol and Publication Development
- Data analyses to address research questions
- Interpretation of analysis results
- Data visualization for these analyses
Abstract, Presentation, and Analysis Plan Development
- Develop statistical methods and analysis plan for protocol
- Perform data analyses for abstract submission and in preparation for presentations
Research Methods Training
Biostatistics Core provides provide training programs (seminars, lectures, and workshops) to educate researchers about statistical methods and to introduce new and advanced statistical methods.
Please contact BCinfo@BarrowNeuro.org for more information.
Development of Resources in Biostatistics
The Biostatistics Core will develop online resources on statistical testing methods, study design and power information, data management, and introduction to big health databases.