Anna D. Burke, MD, is a geriatric psychiatrist and the director of neuropsychiatry at Barrow Neurological Institute. She is board certified in psychiatry with a subspecialty certification in geriatric psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Dr. Burke’s expertise includes the treatment of challenging behavioral and psychiatric disturbances that result from neurological conditions. She is a member of the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry, the Alzheimer’s Association International Society to Advance Alzheimer’s Research and Treatment, and the Arizona Neuropsychiatric Association.
Dr. Burke received her medical degree from Gdańsk Medical University. She completed her residency training in adult psychiatry at Hartford Hospital’s Institute of Living before completing a geriatric psychiatry fellowship at McLean Hospital, the largest psychiatric teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School.
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Burke has led numerous clinical trials of investigational drugs, neuromodulation, environmental modifications, prevention methods, and novel neuroimaging techniques for cognitively impaired patients with neurodegenerative disorders.
For more information or to request an appointment, please call (602) 406-6262.
Fax: (602) 406-6261
- Fellow, Harvard Medical School, McLean Hospital, 2007-2008
- Resident, Hartford Hospital, Institute of Living, General Adult Psychiatry, 2004-2007
- Internship, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Elmhurst Hospital, 2003-2004
- MD, Gdańsk Medical University, 2000
- American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry
- Alzheimer’s Association International Society to Advance Alzheimer’s Research and Treatment
- American Neuropsychiatric Association
- Weidman DA, Zamrini E, Sabbagh MN, Jacobson S, Burke A, Belden C, Powell J, Bhalla N, Roontiva A, Kuang X, Luo J, Chen K, Riggs G, Burke W. Added Value and Limitations of Amyloid-PET Imaging: Review and Analysis of Selected Cases of Mild Cognitive Impairment and Dementia. Neurocase. 2017;23(1):41-51.
- Burke AD, Burke WJ, Riggs GH, Weidman DA, Copeland JN. Mood Versus Memory. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2017;19(2).
- Weidman DA, Burke AD, Riggs GH, Brand H, Copeland JN, Burke WJ. At a Loss for Words. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2016;18(4).
- Lozano AM, Fosdick L, Chakravarty MM, Leoutsakos JM, Munro C, Oh E, Drake KE, Lyman CH, Rosenberg PB, Anderson WS, Tang-Wai DF, Pendergrass JC, Salloway S, Asaad WF, Ponce FA, Burke A, Sabbagh M, Wolk DA, Baltuch G, Okun MS, Foote KD, McAndrews MP, Giacobbe P, Targum SD, Lyketsos CG, Smith GS. A Phase II Study of Fornix Deep Brain Stimulation in Mild Alzheimer’s Disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;54(2):777-787.
- Filon JR, Intorcia AJ, Sue LI, Vazquez Arreola E, Wilson J, Davis KJ, Sabbagh MN, Belden CM, Caselli RJ, Adler CH, Woodruff BK, Rapscak SZ, Ahern GL, Burke AD, Jacobson S, Shill HA, Driver-Dunckley E, Chen K, Reiman EM, Beach TG, Serrano GE. Gender Differences in Alzheimer Disease: Brain Atrophy, Histopathology Burden, and Cognition. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2016.
- Burke AD, Riggs GH, Weidman DA, Brand H, Burke WJ. Movements and Memory. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2016;18(1).
- Beach TG, Adler CH, Sue LI, Serrano G, Shill HA, Walker DG, Lue L, Roher AE, Dugger BN, Maarouf C, Birdsill AC, Intorcia A, Saxon-Labelle M, Pullen J, Scroggins A, Filon J, Scott S, Hoffman B, Garcia A, Caviness JN, Hentz JG, Driver-Dunckley E, Jacobson SA, Davis KJ, Belden CM, Long KE, Malek-Ahmadi M, Powell JJ, Gale LD, Nicholson LR, Caselli RJ, Woodruff BK, Rapscak SZ, Ahern GL, Shi J, Burke AD, Reiman EM, Sabbagh MN. Arizona Study of Aging and Neurodegenerative Disorders and Brain and Body Donation Program. Neuropathology. 2015;35(4):354-389.
- Das S, Fleisher AS, Yaari R, Seward JD, Burke AD, Brand H, Tariot PN. Out of Sight, Out of Mind: The Case of a 62-year-old Man With Visual Complaints and Cognitive Decline. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2014;16(1).
- Yaari R, Favaro S, Burke AD, Brand H, Fleisher AS, Seward JD, Dougherty J, Tariot PN. A Rapid Turn of Events: Sudden Physical and Cognitive Decline. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2013;15(3).
- Burke AD, Yaari R, Tariot PN, Fleisher AS, Hall GR, Brand H. Hypersexuality in Dementia: A Case Presentation With Discussion. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2013;15(5).