Lynn Ashby, MD, is a faculty physician and assistant program director of the Brain Tumor Program at Barrow Neurological Institute at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix. She specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of central nervous system tumors and the neurological complications of cancer. She is board certified in neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Dr. Ashby received her medical degree from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago. She completed her residency training at Evanston Hospital in Evanston, Illinois and at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s. She completed her fellowship training in neuro-oncology at Barrow.
Her research interest is in the treatment of malignant brain tumors, and she is the principal investigator and co-investigator for several institutional and national clinical trials.
For more information or to request an appointment, please call (602) 406-6262.
Fax: (602) 406-6261
- Fellowship, Barrow Neurological Institute, Neuro-Oncology, 1997-1999
- Residency, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, Neurology, 1994-1997
- Internship, Evanston Hospital, Internal Medicine, 1993-1994
- MD, Northwestern University Medical School, 1993
- MA, Northwestern University Graduate School, 1986
- BSS, Northwestern University School of Speech, 1977
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Society for Clinical Oncology
- Society for Neuro-Oncology
- Leksell Gamma Knife Society
- Radiation Therapy Oncology Group
- Chairman, Future Sites Committee; Board of Directors (nonvoting member), Society for Neuro Oncology (SNO)
- Steering Committee; Neurosurgical Subcommittee; Low Grade Glioma Subcommittee; Meningioma Subcommittee; Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG): Brain
- Editorial Review Boards:Journal of Neuro-Oncology, World Neurosurgery
- Dashti SR, Sauvageau E, Smith KA, Ashby LS. Nonsurgical treatment options in the management of intracranial meningiomas.Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2009;1:494-500.
- Ashby LS. Low-grade glioma: no longer to treat or not to treat, but why to treat. Surg Neurol. Aug 6 2009.
- Smith KA, Ashby LS, Gonzalez LF, Brachman DG, Thomas T, Coons SW, Battaglia M, Scheck A. Prospective trial of gross-total resection with Gliadel wafers followed by early postoperative Gamma Knife radiosurgery and conformal fractionated radiotherapy as the initial treatment for patients with radiographically suspected, newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme. J Neurosurg. Dec 2008;109 Suppl:106-117.
- Ashby LS, Ryken TC. Management of malignant glioma: steady progress with multimodal approaches. Neurosurg Focus. 2006;20(4):E3.
- Ashby LS, Shapiro WR. Low-grade glioma: supratentorial astrocytoma, oligodendroglioma, and oligoastrocytoma in adults. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. May 2004;4(3):211-217.
- Ashby LS, Shapiro WR. Intra-arterial cisplatin plus oral etoposide for the treatment of recurrent malignant glioma: a phase II study.J Neurooncol. Jan 2001;51(1):67-86.
- Coons SW, Ashby LS. Pathology of intracranial neoplasms. Neuroimaging Clin N Am. Nov 1999;9(4):615-649.