The goal of the Yoo Laboratory, led by Wonsuk Yoo, PhD, is to develop statistical and quantitative approaches and to perform collaborative research that utilize big data to solve real-world problems in clinical trials and observational studies. Throughout his research career, Dr. Yoo has used national health datasets (NHANES, BRFSS, NIS, NHIS), cancer registry data (SEER, NCTR), health service and Medicare data (CMS), BioLINCC, FITBIR, and The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) to apply biostatistics and quantitative methods to solve health problems.
Dr. Yoo also leads the Biostatistics Core.
Our research focuses on:
- Cancer biostatistics on drug and therapeutic treatments on brain tumors
- Development of biostatistical and informatics methods to grasp disparities in public health
- Longitudinal modeling to identify disparities using existing big databases
- Mendelian randomization and instrumental variables,
- Statistical genetics using structural equation modeling and machine learning
- Mathematical prediction modeling on cost effectiveness analysis
- Cancer biomarker studies using the Bayesian approach for early detection on longitudinal data series