The goal of the Yoo Laboratory, led by Wonsuk Yoo, PhD, is to develop statistical and quantitative approaches and to perform collaborative research that utilize big data to solve real-world problems in health, medicine, and science. Throughout his research career, Dr. Yoo has used national health datasets (NHANES, BRFSS, NIS, NHIS), cancer surveillance data (SEER, NCTR), health service and Medicare data (CMS), and The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) to apply biostatistics and quantitative methods to solve health problems.
Our research plan includes:
- Performing ongoing National Institutes of Health (NIH)-funded projects
- Re-submitting a scored grant proposal (R21, PI)
- Preparing and submitting grant proposals (R21 and R01 as a principal investigator) from:
- Data-driven research in health disparities and observational studies using existing big databases
- Statistical genetics using machine learning and network analysis.