Kevin Yuen, MD, is a neuroendocrinologist at Barrow Neurological Institute. He serves as medical director of both the Barrow Pituitary Center and the Barrow Neuroendocrinology Clinic. He is board certified in both internal medicine and in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Yuen’s expertise includes the diagnosis and treatment of pituitary and adrenal tumors and pituitary dysfunction, with a particular interest in growth hormone deficiency and excess, hypogonadism, and cortisol deficiency and excess. Dr. Yuen is also interested in neuroendocrine disorders in young adult cancer survivors and adults with traumatic brain injury. He is a fellow of the American College of Endocrinology.
Dr. Yuen earned his medical degree from the University of Sheffield. He completed his residency in internal medicine at the University of Southampton and a fellowship in internal medicine, diabetes, and endocrinology at the University of Cambridge.
Dr. Yuen is nationally and internationally known in the field of pituitary research, particularly for his work in growth hormone studies.
To request an appointment with Dr. Yuen, please call (602) 406-2748.
- Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland Fellowship, Oregon Health & Science University, 2005-2007
- Growth Hormone and IGF Research Society Fellowship, Oregon Health & Science University, 2005-2006
- Fellowship, University of Cambridge, Internal Medicine, Diabetes, Endocrinology, 1997-2004
- Pfizer Research Fellowship, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, 2000-2003
- Residency, University of Southampton, Internal Medicine, 1995-1996
- Internship, University of Manchester, Hope Hospital, General Surgery and Urology, 1994
- Internship, University of Leeds, St. James’ s University Hospital, 1993-1994
- MBChB, University of Sheffield Medical School, 1993
- American College of Endocrinology
- Yuen KC, Tritos NA, Samson SL, Hoffman AR, Katznelson L. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and American College of Endocrinology Disease State Clinical Review: Update on Growth Hormone Stimulation Testing and Proposed Revised Cut-Point for the Glucagon Stimulation Test in the Diagnosis of Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency. Endocr Pract. 2016;22(10):1235-1244.
- Yuen KC, Heaney AP, Popovic V. Considering GH replacement for GH-deficient adults with a previous history of cancer: a conundrum for the clinician. Endocrine. 2016;52(2):194-205.
- Yuen KC, Frystyk J, Rhoads SA, Bidlingmaier M. Pegvisomant-primed glucagon stimulation test in assessing GH reserve and GH/IGF kinetics in adults suspected of GH deficiency. Pituitary. 2016;19(1):65-74.
- Hujoel PP, Bollen AM, Yuen KC, Hujoel IA. Phenotypic characteristics of adolescents with concave and convex facial profiles – The National Health Examination Survey. Homo. 2016;67(5):417-432.
- Hamrahian AH, Yuen KC, Gordon MB, Pulaski-Liebert KJ, Bena J, Biller BM. Revised GH and cortisol cut-points for the glucagon stimulation test in the evaluation of GH and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axes in adults: results from a prospective randomized multicenter study. Pituitary. 2016;19(3):332-341.
- Christiansen JS, Backeljauw PF, Bidlingmaier M, Biller BM, Boguszewski MC, Casanueva FF, Chanson P, Chatelain P, Choong CS, Clemmons DR, Cohen LE, Cohen P, Frystyk J, Grimberg A, Hasegawa Y, Haymond MW, Ho K, Hoffman AR, Holly JM, Horikawa R, Hoybye C, Jorgensen JO, Johannsson G, Juul A, Katznelson L, Kopchick JJ, Lee KO, Lee KW, Luo X, Melmed S, Miller BS, Misra M, Popovic V, Rosenfeld RG, Ross J, Ross RJ, Saenger P, Strasburger CJ, Thorner MO, Werner H, Yuen K. Growth Hormone Research Society perspective on the development of long-acting growth hormone preparations. Eur J Endocrinol. 2016;174(6):C1-8.
- Yuen KC, Williams G, Kushner H, Nguyen D. Association between Mifepristone Dose, Efficacy, and Tolerability in Patients with Cushing Syndrome. Endocr Pract. 2015;21(10):1087-1092.
- Yuen KC. Effects of opioids on the endocrine system: should we be concerned? Endocr Pract. 2015;21(4):450-451.
- Tritos NA, Yuen KC, Kelly DF, AACE Neuroendocrine, Pituitary Scientific Committee. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and American College of Endocrinology Disease State Clinical Review: A Neuroendocrine Approach to Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury. Endocr Pract. 2015;21(7):823-831.
- Riddle MC, Yuen KC, de Bruin TW, Herrmann K, Xu J, Ohman P, Kolterman OG. Fixed ratio dosing of pramlintide with regular insulin before a standard meal in patients with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2015;17(9):904-907.