Ms. McWilliams is the Executive Director of Neurosciences at Barrow Neurological Institute. Her areas of responsibility include the neurosurgical operating suite, preoperative center, postanesthesia care unit (PACU), neuroscience intensive care units, neuroscience telemetry, acute care, and epilepsy. She also is oversees the Gamma Knife, Intraoperative Monitoring, and EEG Departments.
Ms. McWilliams started working at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in 1986 after graduating from ASU with her bachelor’s degree in nursing. She has had several roles and responsibilities in her tenure at St. Joseph’s and Barrow. Her first nursing position was in the neuroscience intermediate care unit. In 1989, she accepted a staff nurse position in the neurosurgical operating rooms, and went on to serve in many roles within the operating room leadership structure, including supervisor, manager, and director. She was promoted to Executive Director of Neuroscience in 2012.
- MBA, Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, 2006
- BS, Nursing, Arizona State University, 1986
- Association of Operating Room Nurses
- Arizona Organization of Nurse Executives
- Outstanding Facility Achievement in Perioperative Nursing, Association of Operating Room Nurses, 2011
- Gold Award for Reprocessing, Stryker Sustainability Solutions, 2011
- CHW Shining Star, Mentoring, 2010
- Nominee, CHW Values in Action, 2009