Glynnis Zieman, MD, is a neurologist in the Concussion and Brain Injury Center at Barrow Neurological Institute. She also serves as the associate program director of the Adult Neurology Residency Program. She is board certified in neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Dr. Zieman’s expertise includes brain injury, sports neurology, and headache. She is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Headache Society.
Dr. Zieman received her medical degree from the University of Missouri—Kansas City School of Medicine. She completed her neurology residency as well as fellowships in neuro-oncology and sports neurology at Barrow.
Dr. Zieman’s research interests include incidence of and recovery from traumatic brain injury in domestic violence survivors and posttraumatic headache.
For more information or to request an appointment, please call (602) 406-4323.
Fax: (602) 406-6261
- Fellowship, Barrow Neurological Institute, Sports Neurology, 2015-2016
- Fellowship, Barrow Neurological Institute, Neuro-Oncology, 2014-2015
- Residency, Barrow Neurological Institute, Neurology, 2013-2014
- Internship, Barrow Neurological Institute, Internal Medicine, 2010-2011
- MD, University of Missouri – Kansas City, School of Medicine, 2009
- BA, University of Missouri – Kansas City, Chemistry, 2009
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Headache Society
- House Staff Leadership Award, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, 2014
- Annual Meeting Resident Research Travel Scholarship, American Academy of Neurology, 2014
- First Place, Poster Presentation, Clinical Research, Academic Excellence Day, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, 2014
- Resident Scholarship to Annual Meeting, American Academy of Neurology, 2013
- Poster Finalist, Arizona Neurological Society Annual Meeting, 2012
- Third Place, Oral Presentation, Case Study, Academic Excellence Day, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, 2012
- Zieman G, Bridwell A, Cárdenas JF. Traumatic Brain Injury in Domestic Violence Victims: A Retrospective Study at the Barrow Neurological Institute. J Neurotrauma. 2016.