Jay Fishleder Varma, MD, is a neurologist specializing in the treatment of seizures and epilepsy at Barrow Neurological Institute at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix. He studied biomedical engineering at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland and graduated with honors before attending medical school at The Ohio State University in Columbus. He completed his internship at Akron City Hospital in Ohio and his neurology residency at University of California – San Diego (UCSD). He completed a 2-year fellowship in epilepsy and clinical neurophysiology at the Neurological Institute of New York at Columbia University before joining Barrow Neurological Institute in 2012.
He is board certified in neurology and clinical neurophysiology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Epilepsy Society. His professional interests include critical care EEG monitoring and the use of technology in medicine.
For more information or to request an appointment, please call (602) 406-6262.
Fax: (602) 406-6261
- Fellowship, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center, Columbia Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, the Neurological Institute of New York, Epilepsy and Clinical Neurophysiology, 2010-2012
- Residency, University of California – San Diego, Neurology, 2006-2010
- MD, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2006
- BS, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, Biomedical Engineering, magna cum laude, 2002
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Epilepsy Society
- American Clinical Neurophysiology Society