Laura Snyder, MD, is a Chicago native. She earned her medical degree from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia and completed her neurosurgery residency at Barrow Neurological Institute at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix. She is board certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery.
Fascinated by the complexity of spinal disorders and the ability of spinal surgery to improve or at least slow their progression, Dr. Snyder pursued a fellowship in minimally invasive spine surgery at Barrow Neurological Institute and Rush University Medical Center in Chicago.
“I like seeing my patients go back to work,” said Dr. Snyder. “I understand when my patients tell me they want to return to being outside and active, and I enjoy helping them do so.”
Dr. Snyder treats a wide variety of spinal disorders including degenerative disease, spinal stenosis, spinal instability, and spinal tumors via minimally invasive spine surgery.
Please call (602) 406-3181 to request an appointment with Dr. Snyder.
- Residency, Barrow Neurological Institute, Neurosurgery, 2008-2015
- Spine Fellowship, Barrow Neurological Institute and Rush University Medical Center, 2013-2014
- MD, Jefferson Medical College, 2008
- BS, Pennsylvania State University, Premedicine
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- AANS/CNS Cerebrovascular Section
- AANS/CNS Spine Section
- Women in Neurosurgery
- Snyder LA, Wolf AB, Oppenlander ME, Bina R, Wilson JR, Ashby L, Brachman D, Coons SW, Spetzler RF, Sanai N. The impact of extent of resection on malignant transformation of pure oligodendrogliomas. J Neurosurg. Feb 2014;120(2):309-314.
- Snyder LA, Spetzler RF. Resection of sporadic spinal hemangioblastomas. World Neurosurg. Nov 2014;82(5):629-631.
- Snyder LA, Smith ZA, Dahdaleh NS, Fessler RG. Minimally invasive treatment of thoracic disc herniations. Neurosurg Clin N Am. Apr 2014;25(2):271-277.
- Snyder LA, Shufflebarger H, O’Brien MF, Thind H, Theodore N, Kakarla UK. Spondylolysis outcomes in adolescents after direct screw repair of the pars interarticularis. J Neurosurg Spine. Sep 2014;21(3):329-333.
- Snyder LA, O’Toole J, Eichholz KM, Perez-Cruet MJ, Fessler R. The technological development of minimally invasive spine surgery. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:293582.
- Snyder LA, McDougall CG, Spetzler RF, Zabramski JM. Neck tumor dissection improved with 3-dimensional ultrasound image guidance: technical case report. Neurosurgery. Mar 2014;10 Suppl 1:E183-189.
- Oppenlander ME, Bina R, Snyder LA, Dickman CA. Intravertebral polymethylmethacrylate augmentation of anterior cervical discectomy fusion and plating in the setting of osteoporosis. J Spinal Disord Tech. May 2014;27(3):185-188.
- Dahdaleh NS, Smith ZA, Snyder LA, Graham RB, Fessler RG, Koski TR. Lateral transpsoas lumbar interbody fusion: outcomes and deformity correction. Neurosurg Clin N Am. Apr 2014;25(2):353-360.
- Snyder LA, Kalb S, Kakarla UK, Porter RW, Kaibara T, Dickman CA, Theodore N. Effects of Anterior Plating on Clinical Outcomes of Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion. J Spinal Disord Tech. Nov 8 2013.
- Kalb S, Perez-Orribo L, Kalani MY, Snyder LA, Martirosyan NL, Burns K, Standerfer RJ, Kakarla UK, Dickman CA, Theodore N. The Influence of Common Medical Conditions on the Outcome of Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion. J Spinal Disord Tech. Nov 8 2013.